Cedar shakes and shingles have a special warmth and elegance, and stately look that depicts classic quality, taste and timelessness. Aside from their aesthetic value, products are lightweight, as well as wind and impact resistant. Western Red Cedar withstands serious freeze/thaw cycles and its natural oils resist decay. Cedar is one of the only renewable roofing products on the market today. A truly green product that keeps your house cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
Like any other home improvement project, you want to educate yourself as much as possible before you decide on a product or installation company.
Here at Barrington Roof Doctors we love to talk about cedar. Below is a list of questions you should be asking:
- Quality of shakes?
- Size of Shakes?
- What is the Cedar Shake, and Shingle Bureau?
- What kind of fasteners do you use?
- Does my village require fire treated / class C shakes?
- How long will the job take.
- How will the debris be removed without harm to driveways, and shrubbery
Please call us for a Free Estimate, and we will give you many options to look at with your new or replacement cedar roof.